Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Thank You for your generosity!

 by Cammy Brantzeg

I spent the weekend packing 13 suitcases full of donations.  We have 15 mission trip team members going on the trip to South Africa.  We all can check two bags so everyone will pack one bag with their clothing and items for themselves and I am packing the second bag for everyone filled with donations.  

My church Hopewell UMC had a Campaign for Kindness in October where people went out of their way to help others and be kind.  As part of that campaign, I talked to five different groups about South Africa and they helped me prepare donations for my trip.  Thank you to the group of older adults at Hopewell UMC, the kids in The Well after school program, the youth from Hopewell UMC, and a group from Arbor Terrace (a senior living community) who helped me pack toiletry bags for teens, fill pencil bags with school supplies, color scripture cards, make angel ornaments, etc.  I could have never accomplished all these tasks on my own without your help!



Thank you to St Daniels UMC for collecting donations, filling toiletry bags and writing cards to encourage mothers in South Africa.  One of their members Paulette is going on the trip with us and organized these projects.  They collected so many items that we will be able to share the extra toiletries they collected with Cornel's prison ministry.  

Thank you to Trinity Garden UMC and New Life UMC!  Their pastor Shayla dropped of so many items (toiletries, purses, phones, etc) that it brought tears to my eyes as I organized and packed everything. 

Our team collected donations from Collegium Charter School, the Chester County Intermediate Unit, friends on Facebook, etc.  

Thank you to Amy Snyder, Annie Brantzeg and others who made plastic canvas crosses for me! 

Thank you to the individuals who colored scripture cards!  

Thank you to Barb Smyzer for the angel ornament idea and the groups that helped me make them!

Thank you to Bill and Sandy Bradley for the costume jewelry donations!

Thank you so much for your generosity!

I am a little afraid to list names because I don't want to leave anyone out.  If I did forget someone, please email me and I will update my list.  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

My life has been forever changed!

 by Kimber Titus As I sit here and reflect on my trip to South Africa, the following verse keeps coming to mind. Philippians 4:13 I can do a...